Northview Heights Gallery 1970’s

Dec 8, 2016 | | Say something

nvh-button-1960nvh-button-1980

Northview Heights was once part of Reserve Township, until it was annexed by Pittsburgh in 1931.  It’s approximately 2.5 miles from downtown and about 101.4 acres in size.  The land had a few houses and farms on it, but mostly open space.  There is also an old civil war fort located near the tower on top of the hill. Between 1955-1962 the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh built 999 units including 2 ten-story units, 7 three-story walk-ups (with incinerators), and 516 Row Units that stood isolated from surrounding neighborhoods.

Northview Heights Elementary School

Posted in: Website Updates

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: